reading list this week, still digging about API, its scale, optimization, what kinda resource do i need for upcoming/current project.
- The Netflix API Optimization Story this should be an epic read
- CPU Cache Flushing Fallacy
- Realtime Node.js App: Building a Server Friend of mine is building an API for the app that one of the largest telco company in indonesia build, it used Node.js as its communication between internal telco’s API and application layer and talk to the clients mobile app. so maybe i’ll take a look for it.
Tags: #devops, #technology
Eye tracking study on CamelCase and under_score style
Title: Date: 2013-06-13 00:00 Tags:
A study by Bonita Sharif and Jonathan I. Maletic from Department of Computer Science Kent State University about how the eye response to camelCase and under_score indentifier, or might be function or variable naming style.
Visual effort is determined using six measures based on eye gaze data namely: fixation counts and durations. Although, no difference was found between identifier styles with respect to accuracy, results indicate a significant improvement in time and lower visual effort with the underscore style.
personally, i like underscore rather than camelCase, it’s more readable and concise, and easily to read between word.
this mixtape was made for my significant other. still, it has genre of Triphop, electronic, ambient and post-rock. featured artist is Télépopmusik, Dido, and indonesian Triphop/electronic group Homogenic!
some of the tracks listed below ♫ 8Tracks
- Télépopmusik - Breathe
- Air - Playground Love
- Everybody loves Irene - Rindu
- Röyksopp - Eple
- Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps …
the cover is slightly cut almost half of it (photo)
16 common mistake young startup make
mashable has wrapup the that mistake by young startup often did, here’s the recap.
- Forgoing Simplicity
- Waiting Too Long to Launch
- Hiring Poorly
- Not Embracing Agility
- Guarding The “Big Idea”
- Losing Focus
- Assuming Virality
- Obsessing Over Funding
- Chasing Investors Instead of Befriending Investees
- Dwelling on Things
- Getting Distracted By Feedback
- Not Having the Right Co-Founder
- Trying to Win Over Everyone
- Not Listening to Current (or Future) Customers
- Jumping to Decisions
- Not Maintaining Relationships
i’d like to mention point 2, it’s like every young startup did it, from their persfective, they want to impress their users with bunch of feature at once, but this is the main reason that sometimes they delayed the launch date.
(via mashable)Read more →
as been discussed on id-gmail mailing list, naming a server name is hard, sometimes you have to pick a theme for your servers, there’s some who named their server using mountain name, or using Myth Gods names, and sometime some lady’s names like dewi, julie. it’s hard because sometimes once you named one of your server you should know its purpose, its capabilities based on their representative name, for example Zeus, it’s a main server that have a significant purpose on the network.