World Health Organisation makes 'gaming disorder' a recognised illness →
According to WHO recently, they officially recognized the new illness called “Gaming Disorder”, based on the WHO Update and also many news outlet pointed out, the definitions are
Gaming disorder is characterized by a pattern of persistent or recurrent gaming behaviour (‘digital gaming’ or ‘video-gaming’), which may be online (i.e., over the internet) or offline, manifested by:
- impaired control over gaming (e.g., onset, frequency, intensity, duration, termination, context);
- increasing priority given to gaming to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other life interests and daily activities; and
- continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurrence of negative consequences. The behaviour pattern is of sufficient severity to result in significant impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational or other important areas of functioning.
The pattern of gaming behaviour may be continuous or episodic and recurrent. The gaming behaviour and other features are normally evident over a period of at least 12 months in order for a diagnosis to be assigned, although the required duration may be shortened if all diagnostic requirements are met and symptoms are severe.
In essence, people who leave their responsibilities in favor of playing games, are included as gaming disorder, the game itself is not a disorder, probably just like eating, there’s an illness called eating disorder, but the eating part are okay.
- ‘Gaming disorder’ officially on World Health Organization’s list of diseases
- ‘Gaming Disorder’ officially recognized as disease by World Health Organization (Updated)
Podcast: Suara Puan →
Adalah podcast yang terakhir ini saya ketemukan, menurut pewicaranya, kata puan (menurut salah satu episodenya bernama Stephani(?)), diawali dari bentuk tulisan yang dibuat di Instagram yang kemudian berkembang merambah media baru, yaitu suara, podcast.
Diberdayakan oleh Kata Puan (Instagram: @kata.puan) untuk menyuarakan isi pikiran yang berisik dan tak mau diam. Suara ini. Sebuah emosi. Banyaknya rasa.
Sejauh ini saya menikmati, bahasa yang mudah, dan untuk yang menyukai ASMR bisa jauh menikmati podcast ini.
Jakarta circa tahun 1965-1970 →
Redireksi banyak URI dengan menggunakan NGINX →
Former Mozilla exec: Google has sabotaged Firefox for years →
… it’s very hard not to believe or take Nightingale’s comments seriously. Slowly but surely, Google is becoming the new Microsoft, and Chrome is slowly turning into the new IE…
Not just confusing, and i agree that they have grew larger and became the new Microsoft, Google products designed only to be use optimally using Google Chrome.
And yes this is bad, not to mention Microsoft also adopting Chromium for their Microsoft Edge browser, and now Firefox is the browser that use rendering engine other than Chromium.
I’ve been using Firefox for quite some years now, and happy with it, and because Google being evil and some of their site are better with Chrome, i go with Brave browser, it’s a Chromium based browser, but with less tracker than Chrome implmented (hopefully!).Read more →